Julie's Flemish Peasant

Cuz every girl needs a dress that can roll in the hay.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Now One Can Get Lost In the Wash

Woohoo, two socks! It was extremely close--I was left with a very meager pile of scraps. Made me feel very resourceful.

You can see my splotchy dye job if you look close. Renaissance tie-dye. Hrm. Still, I feel like pippi-longstocking when I wear them, and considering how I loved her as a girl, that's no bad thing. In fact, I'm getting ideas for halloween...


OOOh, and for those interested in stockings/hose, please check out Melanie Schuessler's excellent article.

In other news, I prewashed the fabrics for my corset, so hopefully I'll tackle that over the long weekend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Those are, may I just say, freakin' hilarious! You should wear them every day. No, you should have a different color for each day of the week.

Those are great.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Julebug said...

Oh, if you think they're funny in the pic, you should see me prance about the house in them. The give the urge to make one dance a jig. Well, the closest approximation of a jig by a girl who knows really nothing about jigs at all.

Okay, so really I was just jumping around like a fool. I am Adam's personal jester.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home