Julie's Flemish Peasant

Cuz every girl needs a dress that can roll in the hay.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Partlet

Well, I was making my v-neck partlet, and discovered I didn't have enough length of selvage edge to make the ruff as full as I wanted. I was using Drea's Ruff directions. Anyway, with insufficient selvage (and being too lazy to cut more out of my 20 yard spool, wash it, iron it, blahblah), I decided to buy lace. Yeah, its fanciful and flat out wrong for a peasant, but it was purty, and I like a little luxury.



Here is the finished partlet:





Looks like i'm running out of excuses not to start the dress now, eh? I can still procrastinate with an apron...

3 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

OOOh! I love the way it rests about your neck!

Glad you had AAA! Keys in the car?

7:58 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

now that is super-mega-cute. i want one. all linen, all the time.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Julebug said...

Nah, AAA was cuz her coolant line broke and it massively overheated to the point of dying.

Mmmmm...super mega cute. I like that. I'm gonna play with spray starch to see how stiff i can get it. Just for curiosity's sake.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home