Julie's Flemish Peasant

Cuz every girl needs a dress that can roll in the hay.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Pockets!

I worked Sunday to finish up the kirtle. I got most of it done. I'm whipstitching the bodice lining into place on my commute today. My pleating could use some work, admittedly. Perhaps if i measured before hand... Oh well, I'm a peasant. I'm allowed to look a little "hand-done". The back is not really crooked like it looks in the pic, just the lacing ribbon I wrapped around my waist is. I do wish I'd make the back waistline a bit shorter, as it bunches a little...

Check out my pocket! Don't I look leisurely in my GQ pose? We'll not speak of how I sewed them on inside out (ahem...twice) before getting them right. Here it is in full "glory." It still needs hemming:



pleats Posted by Picasa


pocket! Posted by Picasa



socks Posted by Picasa

I couldn't resist puttin ths pic in. These socks are ridiculously funny. Love my new leather slippers, though!
Hrm...an iron wouldn't hurt, eh?

Now I need to knock out the overdress so I can stop feeling like the Great Pumpkin....

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Ah, but you're such a darling great pumpkin! I love that color. And also I love how your GQ stance covers the slit that I *know* has to be there on the side.

The shoes are perfect. I bet we wear the same size. Clones usually do. So I'll just steal them on Saturday bwa ha ha. No. Not really. But where did you get them?

The stockings of course, are too funny for words. We're going to be mighty cute.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Julebug said...

Hehe, yes, I artfully covered my slit. My slit is 5 inches long. ;)

The shoes are from SRI shoe warehouse, and I paid far too much for them, but I coudln't resist. I used the excuse that I can wear them for more days than faire days. In fact, I'm wearing them today. I think they were like $40. Yes, I have a shoe problem. I know it. I just don't care....

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home