Julie's Flemish Peasant

Cuz every girl needs a dress that can roll in the hay.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Recycled Pics

Well, last night I got much less done than I had anticipated. This is because I'm addicted to that Prisonbreak show. Oh, and the internet. Definitely addicted to the internet.

Anyway, after work my carpool buddy and I stopped at Trader Joe's--a sidetrip that took significant amounts of sewing time away, but yielded some very tasty vittles... I think I must have Beth explain me to about prioritizing. This is apparently a foreign concept.

I got home and managed to at least draft the overdress bodice pattern successfully. I'm having that 3 seamed "v" thing in the back. Like this:


vback (detail from Festive Attyre site)

Besided aggregiously over-estimating strap width on the back straps, it came out fitting well and just about what I'd envisioned. I'll just hack off that extra bit of strap. With any luck, I'll get some of the pattern pieces cut out tonight, but we've got anniversary dinner planned, so who knows if it'll actually happen or not.

Other news: Finally got my bodice lining whipstitched into place on the commute in this morning.
I DESPERATELY need to hem my kirtle. But no one was home to help me pin last night. I suppose I could have Adam "pin me to the floor" as part of our anniversary celebration, eh?
Tres romantique.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Oh boy! Triangular seam lines! I have that too. We're so predictable. I haven't cut mine out yet, but since it's just an adaptation of the underdress pattern, I'm pretty sure it will work. Famous last words.

With regards to the hem, if it doesn't get done before, I'll gladly give you a hand Friday night!

So glad you're proceeding on the overdress (maybe)! It'll help motivate me.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home