Julie's Flemish Peasant

Cuz every girl needs a dress that can roll in the hay.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Julie's "Episode"

Last night, I couldn't find my kirtle. It was completely gone. Poof. Needless to say, with the deadline looming, I completely lost it (mentally). Hubby was sweet and was looking all around for it, and it literally was not anywhere in our apt. I was crying, throwing a little hissy and accusing him of throwing it out (as it had been bundled up in a grocery bag). This is 1) because I'm just that crazy when it comes to costuming, and 2) because I'm PMSing. Poor hubby.
In a stroke of...well, not brilliance, more like stupidness....I realized I had been working on it in my carpool partner's car. Thank god it was still in there. I couldn't imagine the fallout if I lost AN ENTIRE DRESS! I raced over to get it straight away, even though I could've waited for this morning when we leave for work. Neurotic? Why, YES.

So, between last night's dress scare and watching Lost, I worked on my overgown bodice. I decided, as beth suggested, on the green rather than the yellow. It makes my dress look much more drab and peasanty. Drab is a good thing. The yellow would've been just a bit on the chipper side. The green is a grey-green sage, and rather like pale boogers. Matched with my red overgown material, I have named the overgown "booger christmas." This with my newly recovered "great pumpkin" kirtle combines my two favorite holidays, albeit in a sorta perverse way.

No pics of booger christmas yet, since I can't lace it til I install the lacing rings. But this should placate you. Behold, the great pumpkin:


Pumpkin'd !!
(photo alteration courtesy of a clever coworker)

2 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

Besides, who can pass up an opportunity to say they made a gooseturd green bodice. Giggle.

I do second the green choice...I do not think most peasants would even have a chipper yellow as that would have to be made off of bleached type fabrics....A musturd yellow, I could totally see.

I think the green will fit better too!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Yay boogers. Yay pumpkins. Yay overdress progress. Yay psycho Julie. We love psycho Julie.

I had a much more minor moment of craziness last night when I lost a piece, mind you only a piece, of my overdress. It took me 10 minutes to find it under my desk.

All hail the great pumpkin.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home