Julie's Flemish Peasant

Cuz every girl needs a dress that can roll in the hay.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Faire Days!

Well, as previously covered, Beth and I spent last Saturday at the MD RenFest in our brand new Flemish garb. Here are a few images (borrowed from beth) to show what my dress (and Beths!) ended up looking like. Notice that we both had time for sleeves--and later in the day it was even cool enough out to wear them!! I must remember to always do fests in the autumn from now on.



This is a poor quality picture of how I ended up "bustling" the over dress--all Beth's idea, since she was fiddling with my skirts for me Friday night. I love the result of her ministrations. I think it makes my butt look pleasantly GINORMOUS. ;)


back Posted by Picasa

Here is us looking all natural. You can get a good idea of what our head dresses looked like, and maybe why it is we were mistaken for mennonites from the back a few times:


I think that's all for this gown. I actually have plans (and fabric) to make a black partlet as well, and will post pics of that when/if I have it. But since I won't be wearing this again til next faire season, it may be a good while.

6 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

WHAT? Your behind looked GINORMOUS? I'm sure I didn't notice. Actually, I might have had a bit of a "my butt looks smaller than hers in this dress, that's just not right complex" going on. I really liked the drape on.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

On second thought, mine's looking none too petite either. Maybe I don't have a complex after all ;)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Julebug said...

I just think its how my bustle/drape closes and pinches just under my butt, thus squeezing my bum and the pleated red fabric out the top. "Accentuate" would be a good word for this. Also "enlarge". ;)

It couldn't possibly be all me, afterall. I shall blame the dress.

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Hat!! By any chance, is it the one from JAS Townsend? I've been looking for a good straw hat with a shallow crown to go with my garb.

Love your blog, BTW!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Julebug said...

Gia--
Thank you! Actually, I did look at the jas townsend ones, but they were a bit rich for my blood. I got my eight dollar wonder at www.fantasycostume.net. Hope that helps! Good luck with your garb!

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are a variety of apps to choose from that allow you to design websites working with WYSIWYG (what you see is that which you get) editors. We're heading to look at the most effective world wide web layout program that falls into this class. webdesign

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home